COMPETITION: Innovation Gateway
In 2019 New Civil Engineer launched Innovation Gateway, a competition looking for SMEs and Start-ups who have bold ideas on how to drive productivity and efficiency of airports to enable more passengers to use their facilities.
Keep an eye out for our 2020 SME and start-up competition launching January 2020.
Innovation Gateway 2019 winner: Oceans3D
Judges will look for innovations that:
- Use technologies that can safely be implemented in the airports sector to improve productivity
- Have considered how the idea will be introduced in a live working environment causing minimum disruption
- Are ready to be trialled in a live environment
- Can be introduced and make a noticeable improvement to airport’s capacity in 5 years
These innovations could help:
- Drive efficiency of airport ops
- Deliver projects in a more cost and time efficient manner
- Reduce carbon emissions in any stage of the airport experience
- Improve passenger experience
Judges will be looking for innovations that are at early stage and are seeking a test bed to further prove the concept in a live environment.
Meet the judges