COMPETITION: Innovation Gateway
Are you a start-up or SME with a great tech solution for airports and looking for a platform to present your idea? Then we have the competition for you!
This year the New Civil Engineer are launching Innovation Gateway where we are looking for SMEs and Start-ups who have bold ideas on how to drive productivity and efficiency of airports to enable more passengers to use their facilities.
A surge in passenger numbers at airports has created a huge demand for increased capacity in airports and large development plans up and down the UK to meet demand. Airports are facing obstacles over space constraints, pre-empting future trends and technology and maintaining a fully functioning airport while improving and expanding.
New Civil Engineer have brought together a panel of industry experts to hear your solutions.
Judges will look for innovations that:
- Use technologies that can safely be implemented in the airports sector to improve productivity
- Have considered how the idea will be introduced in a live working environment causing minimum disruption
- Are ready to be trialled in a live environment
- Can be introduced and make a noticeable improvement to airport’s capacity in 5 years
These innovations could help:
- Drive efficiency of airport ops
- Deliver projects in a more cost and time efficient manner
- Reduce carbon emissions in any stage of the airport experience
- Improve passenger experience
Judges will be looking for innovations that are at early stage and are seeking a test bed to further prove the concept in a live environment.
Meet the judges